Imagine you run a burger van. What do you need to do to make sure it is a success? How will you get customers to keep coming back? If you grab a pen and paper and start to write a list it will probably look a little like this:
- Stall must look spotless
- Burgers must taste like burgers
- Onions must be freshly cooked
- Bread should be fresh
- Service must be quick and polite
- Range should include, eggs (fried) and sausages
- Tomato sauce and mustard provided in clean dispensers
That’s about it, nothing clever, it is all basic stuff, find a busy lay-by and you are set.
Now imagine you run a call centre. What do you need to do to make sure it is a success? How will you get customers to keep coming back?
- Calls must be answered quickly
- Agents must be able to resolve callers queries
- There should be no waiting or transfers
- All further information or confirmation should be sent quickly
- (7 to 10 working days is not quick)
Success is all about being world class at the basics.
Which begs the question, which basics should you be world class at?
Read another opinion
Image by blowfishsoup