All commerce runs on the same principle, the exchange of value:
- You give customers what they want
- Customers give you money
For the bit “giving customers what they want” Service Untitled have published a simple 5 point plan:
- Identify who your customers are.
- Find out what they want.
- Design sales and service processes around these wants.
- Train employees how to run these processes.
- Measure delivery and improve.
So far so good, as the Australians would say “No shit Sheila”. But here is the question: If it is that obvious why don’t organisations do it?
That is the question to answer.