There is a rumour about Steve Jobs. It is alleged that he sacked an employee at one of the first Apple stores.
Why? Because she bought cheap and nasty plastic bags for customers to take their expensive purchases home in. The story may be a complete fabrication, but history has shown that Steve was right to be picky.
And Clean Trains
In the Netherlands they had a problem… Litter on trains. You wouldn’t believe it would you? The Dutch are such lovely people.
They tried a whole host of solutions:
- More guards, too expensive
- Closed circuit TV, easily vandalised
- Signs and stickers, simply ignored
But they found a solution, they sprayed citrus scent throughout the carriages. If it smells clean people will keep it clean.
How does it feel if…
- You are sitting in a meeting and everybody is looking at their phone? — Perhaps you could ask them to leave their BlackBerries at the door.
- The log in for that internet store is frustratingly clunky? — Shouldn’t they leave a cookie on your PC so it is seamless?
- The toilets are dirty in the expensive restaurant? — Maybe it would be a good idea to break out the Domestos.
To both your customers and your employees. Fortunately the details aren’t too expensive to fix.
If you enjoyed this post click here for updates delivered straight to your inbox
Listen to another opinion
Image by Drift Words